Monday, May 16, 2011

Routine

I have not posted anything lately because I have not done anything of note. I realized my last post was the day after a really good, long run. Since then life has been work, chores, and the dreaded taper. I am very bad at tapering. The body is strong, and wants to move, but the mind must hold the body back to make it even stronger. Moderation is not my strong suit. The dog does not like it either. We ran twelve miles last Thursday, and afterwards  he looked at me as if he had been gypped. I guess he expected at least twenty from a day off work.  So I try not to fidget, do some more yoga and core work, and surf the internerd for inspiration. Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-2e8Wf4pSg&sns=fb cool video on the recent Miwok 100k. Those guys were charging. I know to many people that does not look fast, but for sixty two miles with 10k feet of vertical gain, that is moving! Other than that, I obsess about my race plan. What gear to use, fueling strategies, what to leave in drop bags etc. I suppose running is so simple I have to make it complicated. Oh yeah, in case you wanted to make a movie about the Seals taking out Bin Laden, too bad! Disney has the merchandising rights to "Seal Team 6". That's right, movie and merchandise. I can't wait to buy my Osama action figure with accessory turban and ak-47! Can this be worked into the Shrek series? God love American capitalism. A private company can own the rights to the name of a government military group!? Well, that is my morning ramble. Time to crawl out from under my rock and face a tiny fragment of the real world. 

1 comment:

  1. Drew,

    have a great run this weekend. Relax and enjoy the experience.

    Cheers,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete