Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sweet Home Alabama

Mom and Kit the wonder dog

The Walls Of Jericho


TV is bad for young dogs

I took a trip back home last month to visit family. It was very relaxing. I was able to go for a trail run every day, and hang out with my family the rest of the time. I ran on trails that I spent so much of my youth exploring. The trails seem so much shorter, and the mountains so much smaller, but there is a certain beauty in the Southeast that I took for granted as a kid. The trees and rocks of that area are so infused with memories that around every corner was glimpse of how I came to be who I am today. I am lucky to have such an smart, nutty, and supportive family. I never felt like I belonged in Alabama. In many ways Colorado feels more like "home". I do, however, feel right at home with my relatives. There is no doubt where I came from and how I was influenced. I feel the love and support all the way out here in the San Juan mountains. Come visit sometime... It's beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment