Thursday, January 9, 2014

California Dreamin'

     I spent a week in the Bay Area for Christmas. There are a lot of freakin' people there. I'm glad they like it. I got to run in shorts in some fantastic weather. I spent most of my mornings sipping coffee on the deck with the hum of the freeway traffic in the background. I imagined what a paradise the place must have been before the modern era. Before the endless suburbs it must have been such a bountiful place for the Native inhabitants. I caught a few glimpses of why it is so popular. Then, although I enjoyed the time there, I happily returned to the boring quiet of Southwest Colorado.
    
MK running in the Marin Headlands

Mt. Diablo and the Devils' smog

Pirate's Cove, Marin Headlands



San Francisco
If you live in California (or anywhere for that matter) and you are curious about  Southwest Colorado, I'd say you probably wouldn't like it. It snows and gets cold. There is no culture. We don't have a Trader Joe's.  It pretty much consist of rednecks in big trucks, lazy stoners, and dogs. There are a lot of dangerous wild animals and deadly avalanches. The place is only fit for vultures and coyotes.

Happy New Year!  

3 comments: